Not everyone was a Punk in 1976. In fact, most young people danced to a different beat and wore their hair in entirely different ways. Noel Smith was a 16 year old Teddy Boy who bought his first drape suit and styled his hair into a quiff just as the long hot summer began. By the time the heatwave ended, he'd become the leader of a gang of South London rockabilly rebels and led them into battle with all manner of other street gangs – including Punks, Skins, Smoothies and bikers.
This is the sharpest and truest telling of London’s gang wars fought between 1976 and 1982 that’s ever been written. Drawing on a cast of hugely memorable characters Noel tells the shockingly violent and sometimes hilarious story of what life was like for he and his gang of Balham Wildkatz. The clothes, the music, the pubs and parties of those far from golden years are all recalled in vivid and engrossing detail.
It’s all crazy man, crazy.
Why sign up?
- Get a subscriber only discount when preorder begins
- Get a name printed in the book
- Get priority on the preorder and be the first to get Crazy Man Crazy (Paperback)
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- Who are Rocket 88 Books?
- Rocket 88 publishes interesting and special books. See here for some of them, or follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Will I be able to get the book anywhere else?
- Not at the moment, it may be available to order from book retailers after publication but it will always be available at the lowest price from Rocket 88. You will not see it discounted on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- How else can I keep up with news about the book?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where do you ship to?
- We have warehouses in the USA, the UK and the EU and ship to most countries around the world.
- This page has not answered my question. Now what?
- Please contact us.