World-famous French DJ Laurent Garnier is also an award-winning recording artist, label owner and author of Electrochoc, a best seller in France, Spain, Russia, Germany and Japan.
Available for the first time in the English language, Garnier’s Electrochoc traces the rise of the dance scene from the early 1980s at London’s Mud Club, through Manchester’s Hacienda and onto Paris, Detroit, New York, Chicago and beyond. More than just an autobiography, Electrochoc includes unique contributions from Detroit techno pioneers Jeff Mills and Mad Mike, plus François Kervorkian, James Murphy, David Guetta and others to complement Laurent’s personal tale of music, life and love.
Electrochoc takes a worldwide journey through the legendary clubs and key moments of dance music history, describing how techno, house, garage, booty-house and electronica collided over a thirty-year period. Here is the full story of how Laurent progressed from spinning records to creating award-winning recordings, building a seminal label and performing at some of the world’s most prestigious venues.
Electrochoc is arguably the only history of the dance scene written from the perspective of a man who helped to shape the movement, its sounds and lasting legacy.
Why sign up?
- Get a subscriber only discount when preorder begins
- Get a name printed in the book
- Get priority on the preorder and be the first to get Electrochoc (Ebook)
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- Who are Rocket 88 Books?
- Rocket 88 publishes interesting and special books. See here for some of them, or follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Will I be able to get the book anywhere else?
- Not at the moment, it may be available to order from book retailers after publication but it will always be available at the lowest price from Rocket 88. You will not see it discounted on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- How else can I keep up with news about the book?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where do you ship to?
- We have warehouses in the USA, the UK and the EU and ship to most countries around the world.
- This page has not answered my question. Now what?
- Please contact us.