Highly respected writer and critic Steve Grant explores and celebrates the key songs by Neil Young that have had the most effect on his life. From the 1960s with Buffalo Springfield, through a stormy stint with Crosby, Stills & Nash, a brief period of single chart success as a solo artist. and up to his crowning as godfather of grunge, Essential Neil Young takes in the politics, loves and hates of a fascinating man.
This is not a biography, rather it is a personal exploration of the power and dignity of the work of Neil Young. Covering four decades of songwriting from the early 1960s, the author relates how Young’s 1960s idealism shaped his work and influenced others. It is essential reading for all fans of Neil Young.
Why sign up?
- Get a subscriber only discount when preorder begins
- Get a name printed in the book
- Get priority on the preorder and be the first to get Essential Neil Young (Ebook)
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- Who are Rocket 88 Books?
- Rocket 88 publishes interesting and special books. See here for some of them, or follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Will I be able to get the book anywhere else?
- Not at the moment, it may be available to order from book retailers after publication but it will always be available at the lowest price from Rocket 88. You will not see it discounted on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- How else can I keep up with news about the book?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where do you ship to?
- We have warehouses in the USA, the UK and the EU and ship to most countries around the world.
- This page has not answered my question. Now what?
- Please contact us.