Lifting Shadows, the authorized biography of Dream Theater – the American progressive-metal band comprising James LaBrie, John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, John Myung and Mike Mangini – traces the band’s history from their mid-1980’s Long Island origins through to the arena filling act that they are today.
This revised and updated edition features all-new interviews with the band and a host of others who have played their part in the rise of the pioneering prog-metal act. It covers the departure of founding drummer Mike Portnoy, the search for his successor and the band’s spirited return. Their tale is one of musical integrity, strong professional perseverance and a deep-rooted belief in their direction.
The five-piece has enjoyed major success (notably with “Pull Me Under”) while remaining essentially an underground band. They thrive on the support of a growing and loyal fan base. As guitarist and founding member John Petrucci writes: “It’s incredible, and we are all very blessed and fortunate to have such a long career – not only where we started in America but all over the world.”
Why sign up?
- Get a subscriber only discount when preorder begins
- Get a name printed in the book
- Get priority on the preorder and be the first to get Lifting Shadows
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- Who are Rocket 88 Books?
- Rocket 88 publishes interesting and special books. See here for some of them, or follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Will I be able to get the book anywhere else?
- Not at the moment, it may be available to order from book retailers after publication but it will always be available at the lowest price from Rocket 88. You will not see it discounted on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- How else can I keep up with news about the book?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where do you ship to?
- We have warehouses in the USA, the UK and the EU and ship to most countries around the world.
- This page has not answered my question. Now what?
- Please contact us.